Welcome to Bree Sutherland’s blog, and midterm presentation as a representation of knowledge gained in HRE 533 Management of eLearning. In this ePortfolio you will find my evidence of competency in the management of eLearning. I have successfully demonstrated the following:
- Objective 1: Understand the relevance of eLearning practices in Training and Development in academic or corporate settings.
- Objective 2: Develop a comprehensive and strategic understanding of online program management issues.
- Objective 3: Understand the various stages of eLearning programs and initiatives in an organizational context.
- Objective 4: Analyze management practices that support and facilitate the various stages of eLearning implementation and maintenance.
- Objective 5: Conduct research that guides informed decision-making in eLearning environments.
All posts have been categorized by how they met my learning objectives. Please see CATEGORIES on the left-hand side of this webpage to access. I look forward to your feedback on my journey through this course!
Allow myself to introduce…myself…
My name is Bree A. Sutherland. I currently manage eLearning development and implementation for a 501(c) nonprofit organization in the Chicagoland area. In my current position I work to produce continuing education programs that further the emergency nursing practice and meet the needs of our 40,000+ international members. Prior to working for ENA I was a continuing education editor for a medical publisher, and a learning & technology consultant for various clients in the medical, pharma, and bio-technology fields. I am pursuing the HRE master’s degree with a concentration in eLearning as online education is truly my professional passion. I am eager to achieve a professional degree to take my education to the master’s level. I’ve earned a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish Language and Literature from Western Michigan University, and I’ll soon be completing my Certificate in Nonprofit Management from University of Illinois-Chicago. When I’m not working (which seems like a lot lately!) I enjoy running, Bikram yoga, exploring new restaurants, and spending time with my family in Michigan.
I plan for this blog to be an ongoing work-in-progress ever growing and changing throughout the 16 weeks of this course. I will revel in reflecting back on all that I’ve learned at the conclusion of the semester.